Aaloo Cholay (Spiced Chickpeas and Potatoes) Instant Pot Version
- 2 cups Chickpeas dried
- 2.5 tsp Cumin powder
- 2.5 tsp Corriander powder
- 3 tsp Amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger crushed
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2.5 cups Water
- 2-3 Potatoes chopped
- Chaat masala
- Soak the dried chickpeas overnight or you can used canned chickpeas
- Press the sauté button and add oil and onions.
- Cook till translucent.
- Throw in your chopped potatoes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and tomatoes and cook till soft and fragrant.
- Now you’ll add all the other spices and chickpeas and stir in the water.
- Seal the instant pot and set to 40 min.
- Natural pressure release.
- Open your lid and stir.
- Now take the back of a wooden spatula and mush up a little bit of the chickpeas and potatoes.
- Stir and turn to saute mode.
- Taste it and add lemon juice and chaaat masala to taste.
- Once it reaches your desired thickness.
- Turn off sauté mode and garnish with cilantro.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.