Greek Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes. (Gemista)
- 6 large Colored Bell peppers hollowed out
- 6 Tomatoes hollowed out
- 1 lb Ground beef lean
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Red chilies crushed
- 1 bottle Pasta sauce
- 2 Onions sliced
- 8 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/2 packet Orzo
- 4 Potatoes sliced into thick wedges
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- Heat olive oil in your instant pot on sauté mode Add onions and garlic.
- When they are translucent and fragrant add your meat and stir.
- Add salt, pepper, crushed red chilies, umami powder & oregano.
- Add your pasta sauce stir well.
- Turn off sauté mode and close your lid and set to manual pressure.
- Cook for 20 minutes and quick release.
- In the meantime boil water and cook your orzo till it’s done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Your beef mixture should be ready now.
- You will now add the orzo to your meat and mix well.
- Oil your baking dish and set out your hollowed out tomatoes and peppers on it.
- Fill your peppers and tomatoes with the filling.
- Take your chicken stock and pour it in the bottom of your baking dish and pour some olive oil on top of it.
- put your sliced onions and potatoes in between the peppers and tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes covered and then remove the cover and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the peppers and potatoes and serve hot.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.