One of the things that I love having while visiting Karachi is the Zeera Cookies or Zeera biscuits as it is referred to over there with a steaming cup of doodh patti (milk tea) Tea time there always leaves me feeling like I’m in an Alice in Wonderland type setting.
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla ( I use the trader Joes brand)
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp Salt plus a pinch more ( taste your dough before adding the extra pinch)
- 2 tbsp zeera ( cumin seed)
- In your mixed add the butter and sugar and beat till creamy. Now add in the vanilla and salt and then the flour. Mix well. Now add the zeera (cumin seed) Sprinkle some flour on your silpat or counter top and roll out your dough. Taking a round cookie cutter cut out the cookies in rounds and place on a baking sheet. With a fork poke 3 sets of holes and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Bake at 375 till golden brown, It usually takes me 10-12 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.