Zeera Cookies are a delicious and traditional Pakistani / Indian sweet treat, also known as “Jeera Biscuit”. These cookies are made with a blend of wheat flour, butter, sugar, and cumin seed (Zeera) which gives them a unique and distinctive flavour. They are crispy, and buttery and have a hint of cumin which makes them perfect to be served with tea or coffee. Zeera Cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, a party or just as a snack. They are sure to be a hit with people of all ages.
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla ( I use the trader Joes brand)
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp Salt plus a pinch more ( taste your dough before adding the extra pinch)
- 2 tbsp zeera ( cumin seed)
- In your mixed add the butter and sugar and beat till creamy.
- Now add in the vanilla and salt and then the flour. Mix well. Now add the zeera (cumin seed)
- Sprinkle some flour on your silpat or counter top and roll out your dough. Taking a round cookie cutter cut out the cookies in rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- With a fork poke 3 sets of holes and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Bake at 375 till golden brown, It usually takes me 10-12 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.