Milk Toffee, also known as “Khoya Barfi” in Hindi, is a traditional Indian sweet that is made by simmering milk until it thickens into a soft, fudge-like consistency. The texture of Milk Toffee is dense and creamy, with a rich milky flavour. The sweet is often garnished with nuts like pistachios, almonds or cashews. This recipe is quite simple and easy to make and requires only a few basic ingredients. Milk Toffee is a perfect sweet to make for festivals, celebrations or as a sweet treat to enjoy with friends and family.
Milk Toffee or Fudge
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 stick Butter
- 3/4 cup Cashews ( you can honestly add any nut of your choice and any amount you choose. I added 3/4 cup but I don't like mine too nutty)
- Toast you nuts till they are lightly toasted and golden brown.Prepare a square pan by greasing it and adding parchment paperIn a heavy bottom pan heat the butter, powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla. Keep stirring it until it stops sticking to the side and it turns a deep golden brown.Now add your nuts and keep stirring till its well incorporated Pour this mixture into your prepared pan and let it cool slightlyIf you're adding coconut sprinkle it on now. Now cut them into squares and let it cool completely
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.