Beef Vindaloo Instant Pot Recipe constitutes a spicy and flavorful dish that hails from the Indian state of Goa. The traditional recipe uses a complex blend of spices and a long marination time to create a dish that is rich in flavour and heat. However, with the help of an Instant Pot, you can enjoy this delicious dish in a fraction of the time. Beef Vindaloo Instant Pot Recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner and you can serve it with rice, naan or any other Indian bread.
Beef Vindaloo Instant Pot Recipe
- 2 Ibs Beef for stew
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Heat oil in your instant pot on sauté mode. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cover with glass lid and let it cook for 10 minutes or so u til it’s soft. Now add all the other spices and sauté for 5 min more. Add water and mix well. Using a hand blender purée the mixture till well blended. Now add the meat and coat well. You can let this marinate overnight for a more robust flavor. I just cooked it right away. Pressure cook u set high pressure for 15 minutes and then 10 minutes NPR. Stir and if its a little runny hit the sauté mode and leave it uncovered till it thickens. stirring occasionally. Garnish with coriander and serve with naan or steamed rice.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.