Aaloo Gobhi is a classic Indian dish that is made with potatoes (aloo) and cauliflower (gobi) in a flavorful tomato and spice-based sauce. It is a popular vegetarian dish that is enjoyed by many and can be made in various ways. The Instant Pot method is a quick and easy way to make Aaloo Gobhi, it also allows you to cook the dish under high pressure, which can help to infuse the flavors and make the dish more delicious. You can also adjust the ingredients and spices based on your personal preference and availability. And it’s a great meal for the whole family and it could be also used for meal prepping.
Aaloo Gobhi (cauliflower and potato curry) Instant Pot Version
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 1 Cauliflower head cut in pieces
- 3 Potatoes skinned and chopped
- 5 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion sliced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 Juice Lemon
- 1 Jalapeño chopped
- 3 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Corriander powder
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Garam masala Here’s the link if you’d like to make it fresh! I highly recommend making it fresh as it changes the flavor immensely www.sliceofgourmet.com/post/garam-masala
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- Heat oil in the instant pot insert and hit the saute button.
- Add oil and when hot add the curry leaves. Sauté for a few minutes and add the onions and garlic. Stir well and cook till translucent.
- Add all the spices stir well and let the spices get fragrant. Now add the tomatoes and chili. Stir it well.
- Add water and stir really well removing all the stuff from the bottom of the pan. Add your cauliflower and potatoes and gently stir. Turn off sauté mode and place the lid on it and press pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Once it’s done quick release. Stir and squeeze the lemon juice on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.