Rotini Pasta in a Fiery Sauce Instant Pot Version
- 1 box Rotini pasta
- 1 jar Pasta sauce I use Rao from #costco
- 5-6 Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Cheese shredded I use the one from #traderjoes
- 2 tbsp Red Pepper flakes crushed (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper OPTIONAL like my food spicy
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Onion sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese #traderjoes
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes #traderjoes
- Salt to taste
- Turn your instant pot to sauté mode. Heat oil and add the onions and cook till translucent. Add crushed garlic and salt and crushed red pepper and optional cayenne pepper. Add the sauce and 1/2 the basil. Turn off sauté mode. Add the water and stir. Add the pasta and lightly submerge in the sauce slightly. Don’t push it all the way down. Turn on manual high pressure for 7 minutes and 6 minutes natural pressure release. Turn it off and stir. Now add the cream and the ricotta cheese, save a little for the top and stir. It should now be thickening up. Put your pasta in an oven safe dish and add the shredded cheese, ricotta cheese, chopped sundried tomatoes and remaining basil and bake it till the cheese melts and the flavors are nicely incorporated.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.