Fish korma (Instant Pot Version)
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4-5 whole Cardamoms
- 1.5 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Red Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garam masala (depending on the amount of heat you like)
- 1/2 -1 tbsp Red chili powder (only add this if you like your food spicy)
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1.5 tbsp Cumin powder
- 3/4-1 cup Yogurt full fat
- 2 tbsp Salt or to taste
- Cilantro for garnish (Chopped)
- 4 fillets Wild cod cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- Turn your instant pot to sauté mode add ghee and sauté your onions till translucent. Now add all the spices and mix well. Cook for about 5 min. Now add your fish and coat well but be gentle with it. Fish is delicate. Now add the lid and cook under high pressure for 8 minutes. Then quick release. Now in a separate bowl temper your yogurt. You do this by adding a ladle full off hot curry to the yogurt and mix well. Now add this to your fish and let it thicken on the sauté mode for about 8-10 minutes. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon And garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with rice and or naan.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.