Fish korma is a delicious and flavorful dish from the Indian subcontinent. It is made by cooking fish in a creamy, spiced sauce made from a blend of yoghurt, coconut milk, and a variety of spices such as cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Fish korma is typically served with rice or naan bread and is a great option for a weeknight dinner or special occasion. Fish korma is often considered a delicacy among seafood lovers.
Fish korma (Instant Pot Version)
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic crushed
- 4-5 whole Cardamoms
- 1.5 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Red Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garam masala (depending on the amount of heat you like)
- 1/2 -1 tbsp Red chili powder (only add this if you like your food spicy)
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1.5 tbsp Cumin powder
- 3/4-1 cup Yogurt full fat
- 2 tbsp Salt or to taste
- Cilantro for garnish (Chopped)
- 4 fillets Wild cod cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- Turn your instant pot to sauté mode add ghee and sauté your onions till translucent. Now add all the spices and mix well. Cook for about 5 min. Now add your fish and coat well but be gentle with it. Fish is delicate. Now add the lid and cook under high pressure for 8 minutes. Then quick release. Now in a separate bowl temper your yogurt. You do this by adding a ladle full off hot curry to the yogurt and mix well. Now add this to your fish and let it thicken on the sauté mode for about 8-10 minutes. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon And garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with rice and or naan.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.