I love coming up with new and unique snacks for my daughters especially when I get to use up ingredients I already have at home. This dish was born because I had some shredded chicken and cream cheese that needed using up and they absolutely did not want sandwiches. These cheese chicken rolls were such a hit with them that it soon became an after school staple. I love that I can make a ton of these and freeze them so I always have some on hand. They also make a great high tea item. I enjoy the cheese chicken rolls with a spicy mayo to dip them in but my girls like them with just ketchup! However you have them, I am sure you’re going to love it.
Cheese Chicken Rolls
- 2 packets Spring rolls
- 1 Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
- 1 block Cream Cheese
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil chopped
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup of water to make a paste
- Mix all these ingredients together and make a paste.
- Leave in the fridge to cool for 1/2 an hour
- Now add a little filling about a teaspoon and make it into long cigar shape and roll it tightly.
- Seal it with your sealing mixture.
- Freeze till solid then put in ziplock bags.
- When ready to eat them, heat your oil on a medium heat till hot and cook till your rolls are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.