Korean Beef Bibimbap Bowls ( The quick and easy weeknight version)
- 2 pounds Lean ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 8 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 bunch Green Onion chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon cup Cornstarch
- 4 cups White Rice cooked
- Kimchi to taste
- Cabbage washed and thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups Spinach fresh and chopped
- Soy sauce
- 1 box Mushrooms sliced
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4-1/2 cup Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
For the Korean Beef (Bulgogi)
- mix the beef with 1/2 the soy sauce and cornstarch. Mix it really well.
- When ready to cook, heat a large cast iron skillet on med high heat and add the beef, soy sauce, 1/4 cup gochujang paste, brown sugar, sesame oil & garlic & cook till done
For the rice:
- cook rice with fresh ginger and salt in the water.
- When done slice green onions and fold it in divide the rice between the desired number of bowls and add the beef on top of the rice
For the cabbage:
- Put the shredded cabbage in a ziplock bag with some salt and apple cider vinegar 1/4 tsp sugar and shake it up and let it pickle.
For the spinach:
- Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches if necessary, add the spinach to the skillet and cook until all the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add some of the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for one minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add half (1 tbsp) of the soy sauce to the spinach and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the spinach from the skillet, dividing among the Bibimbap rice bowls.
- The bowls should now be layered with rice, beef and spinach and add some pickled cabbage to the the side of the bowl.
- Add olive oil to a clean non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the eggs on one side until yolks are runny but whites are firm.
- Carefully transfer one egg to each bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.