Baghare Baingan (Eggplant Curry)
- Red chilies dried
- Sesame seeds
- Roast the above till roasted and a warm aroma comes out.
- Then grind with water to make a paste
- Heat oil put curry leaves and rai dana when it sputters then add onion when brown add garlic and ginger.
- Now add the masala you made and sauté till oil comes to the top.
- Chop up some cilantro and fresh mint and fold it in.
- Now you put 2 tbsp fresh tamarind paste and chop up 2-3 dates and let it all simmer together for a few minutes.
- Slice you baby eggplants in 4 so that they are still attached at the top.
- Drop them in and let simmer till eggplants are soft now add lemon juice and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.