Chicken buns are my girls favorite thing to eat. They are easy to make and keep well in the fridge but the thing I love most about chicken buns other than how easy they are to make is how incredibly comforting it is to eat! The soft doughy bread, the flavorful chicken and the cheesy goodness…. Pair the chicken buns with a cup of tea and you got yourself a winning ticket!
Ingredients For The Buns:
- 4 cups Flour
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 packet Yeast
- 1.5 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- Sesame seed (for topping)
Ingredients For The Chicken Filling:
- 1 pc Chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 1 pc Onion finely chopped
- Salt, Pepper, Red pepper crushed
- 1 package Boursin cheese
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
Method For The Chicken:
- Mix all the ingredients together and make sure its well mixed.
Method for the buns:
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water and set aside till frothy
- Now add the olive oil, salt and honey.
- Now add flour slowly
- Knead into a ball
- Let it rise in a warm place for an hour or so till it doubles in size.
- Now make your filling.
- Punch it down and make 12 round dough balls.
- Roll out the round and fill it with the chicken filling and form it into a round ball Brush with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk) sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let it rise for about 30 minutes bake at 375 till golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.