Vegetable Barley Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for a cold winter day. It is made with a variety of vegetables and barley, which makes it a well-rounded and nourishing meal. Vegetable Barley Soup is easy to make and it can be a great way to use up any vegetables you have on hand.
Vegetable Barley Soup is a great way to get in your daily dose of vegetables while also enjoying a satisfying and filling meal. It’s a perfect dish for a light lunch or dinner, it’s also great for meal prepping and it can be stored in the fridge for several days, or even frozen for future use. Vegetable Barley Soup is a perfect comfort food for a cold winter day and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Vegetable Barley Soup Instant Pot Version
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger crushed
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 cup Barley Pearls
- 1 box Mirepoix #traderjoes (this is just chopped onion celery and carrot)
- 1/2 cup Lima Beans frozen
- 1/2 cup Green Peas frozen
- 1/2 cup Corn frozen
- 1/2 cup Sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 cup Beets steamed and cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp better than bullion paste
- 2 tbsp Umami powder from Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup Chick peas cooked or canned
- 1/4 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Red pepper crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 2 tbsp Vegan chickenless powder from #traderjoes
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Sweet peppers chopped up
- 5 cups Boiling water
- 1.5 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Turn your instant pot into sauté mode add butter and olive oil.
- When hot, add the mirepoix, garlic, ginger and barley and stir. Now add all the veggies. Give it a good stir.
- When all the veggies are stirred well add the chickpeas and other beans and stir well. Add the seasoning then boiling water and the bullion paste. Stir again.
- Turn off sauté mode and turn into pressure cook for 7 minutes. Garnish with lemon juice and cilantro and potato sticks or croutons.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.