Chicken Buns is a popular dish that originated in southern China. These steamed buns are filled with a savoury and succulent filling made from marinated and roasted chicken that is finely diced and mixed with flavorful seasonings. The dough for the buns is made from flour, yeast, sugar and water and is soft and fluffy. Once steamed, the buns are pillowy and irresistible. Chicken Buns is also versatile and can be served as an appetizer or a main course. It’s a great recipe to make at home and enjoy with friends and family.
Ingredients For The Buns:
- 4 cups Flour
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 packet Yeast
- 1.5 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- Sesame seed (for topping)
Ingredients For The Chicken Filling:
- 1 pc Chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 1 pc Onion finely chopped
- Salt, Pepper, Red pepper crushed
- 1 package Boursin cheese
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
Method For The Chicken:
- Mix all the ingredients together and make sure its well mixed.
Method for the buns:
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water and set aside till frothy
- Now add the olive oil, salt and honey.
- Now add flour slowly
- Knead into a ball
- Let it rise in a warm place for an hour or so till it doubles in size.
- Now make your filling.
- Punch it down and make 12 round dough balls.
- Roll out the round and fill it with the chicken filling and form it into a round ball Brush with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk) sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let it rise for about 30 minutes bake at 375 till golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.