Bun Kabab Karachi Street Food Style
Ingredients for Kabab:
- 1 cup Chana daal
- 2-3 Potatoes peeled and cut
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 4-5 Dried chilies
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Chaat masala
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- Soak the chana daal in water for a few hours.
- Now wash and boil your daal with your potatoes.
- And add all the above ingredients.
- Don’t add too much water.
- You want there to be a little bite to it as opposed to being mushy.
- Once it’s ready take it off the stove and using a potato masher mash up all the ingredients to a textured paste.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Once it’s cooled make small patties and pan fry it: I used a tawa ( a flat pan girdle without grooves) Add a little ghee to help it not stick and cook it for a few minutes till it has a little char to it. Set aside
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.