Adana Kabab is my ultimate comfort food. Maybe it stems from growing up in Greece constantly eating kababs of all sorts. I usually serve it paired with vermicelli rice and with some yogurt sauce on the side and of course the grilled seasonal veggies. The thing I love most about this dish is that it makes all of us equally happy. From the hubby to the baby and everyone in between. It’s my one dish dinner that’s easy to make, healthy and a definite crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb Ground beef lean
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Onion
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 2.5 teaspoons Sumac
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Put all ingredients in the food processor and make a paste.
- Bind it with 1 tablespoon chickpea flour.
- Wet your hands and form into long Adana kababs.
- Leave it to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat your skillet or grill and add some oil.
- Cook evenly on all sides.
- Set aside and grill your veggies in the same pan.
- Serve your adana kababs on a bed of buttered rice.
- I add vermicelli to my rice.
- You can sauté this before adding the rice and water.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.