Chapli Kabab reminds me of my pregnancy with my eldest daughter. I used to have a chapli kabab for breakfast every single day. It sounds super odd but Chapli Kabab, ice cream, and French fries were a must for me daily 🙂 To date, I cannot resist a perfectly spiced, juicy Chapli Kabab, I just don’t have it for breakfast anymore.
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Coriander seeds crushed
- 3 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Red chilies crushed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Chat masala
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons Anardana (dried pomegranate seeds)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Gram flour roasted
- 2 teaspoons Ghee (clarified butter) (Salt to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients and form thin patties.
- Top with a thinly sliced tomato and shallow fry tomato side down.
- Don't move it for at least 4-5 minutes then flip it to the other side.
- These should make about 12 Chapli Kababs
- Garnish your Chapli Kababs with chopped mint, cilantro, and thinly sliced onions.
- I love making Chapli Kabab rolls too.
- I roll them up in a paratha with green chutney, tamarind chutney, sliced onions, lettuce, and ketchup.
- It makes an insanely delicious meal.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.