Chapli Kabab is a traditional Pakistani dish that is a favourite among locals and a must-try for anyone visiting the country. These kababs are made with a mixture of ground beef or mutton, onions, tomatoes, and a blend of spices such as cumin, coriander, red chilli powder, and garam masala. The meat mixture is then shaped into patties, and shallow fried until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
These kababs are typically served with naan bread, chutneys, and onions and are popular street food in Pakistan. They are also great as a main dish and can be served with rice or salad. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The meat mixture can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for later use. Chapli Kabab is a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy the traditional cuisine of Pakistan. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Coriander seeds crushed
- 3 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Red chilies crushed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Chat masala
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons Anardana (dried pomegranate seeds)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Gram flour roasted
- 2 teaspoons Ghee (clarified butter) (Salt to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients and form thin patties.
- Top with a thinly sliced tomato and shallow fry tomato side down.
- Don't move it for at least 4-5 minutes then flip it to the other side.
- These should make about 12 Chapli Kababs
- Garnish your Chapli Kababs with chopped mint, cilantro, and thinly sliced onions.
- I love making Chapli Kabab rolls too.
- I roll them up in a paratha with green chutney, tamarind chutney, sliced onions, lettuce, and ketchup.
- It makes an insanely delicious meal.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.