Velvet Chicken and Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any day of the week. This recipe features tender and juicy chicken breast cooked in a velveting technique, which is a Chinese cooking method that gives the chicken a smooth and silky texture. The chicken is then stir-fried with a variety of colourful and nutritious vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli, making it a complete and balanced meal. Velvet Chicken and Mixed Vegetable recipe can be served with rice or noodles, making it a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a hearty and satisfying lunch.
Velvet Chicken and Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 lb Chicken breasts cut in pieces
- 1 Egg white beaten
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 red Onion cut into wide pieces
- 8-10 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 finger Ginger crushed
- 1 head Broccoli steamed
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Jalapenos thinly sliced
- 1 sweet Red pepper sliced
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Chili Oil
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- To velvet the chicken you will need to marinate the chicken in a beaten egg white, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons rice vinegar and salt.
- Make sure it’s properly coated and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes then put the chicken in boiling water and cook till done.
- Drain and wash it and set it aside.
- Now in your wok heat all the oils and add the onions, garlic and ginger cook for a few minutes then add all the sauces and then add the chicken and the veggies making sure it’s all coated well.
- Now make a cornstarch slurry with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed in water and add that to your wok.
- Cook everything for a couple of minutes and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.