Do you ever open your refrigerator and see a bunch of vegetables that need consuming ASAP? I frequently do this and so now my go-to is this amazing velvet chicken stir fry. The beauty of this dish is that you can substitute the vegetables with almost anything that you need to finish up in your refrigerator. The magic happens when you velvet the chicken so make sure you don’t skip that part.
Velvet Chicken and Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 lb Chicken breasts cut in pieces
- 1 Egg white beaten
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 red Onion cut into wide pieces
- 8-10 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 finger Ginger crushed
- 1 head Broccoli steamed
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Jalapenos thinly sliced
- 1 sweet Red pepper sliced
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Chili Oil
- 1 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- To velvet the chicken you will need to marinate the chicken in a beaten egg white, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons rice vinegar and salt.
- Make sure it’s properly coated and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes then put the chicken in boiling water and cook till done.
- Drain and wash it and set it aside.
- Now in your wok heat all the oils and add the onions, garlic and ginger cook for a few minutes then add all the sauces and then add the chicken and the veggies making sure it’s all coated well.
- Now make a cornstarch slurry with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed in water and add that to your wok.
- Cook everything for a couple of minutes and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.