Chicken & Potato Croquettes are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any day of the week. This recipe features tender and flavorful chicken mixed with mashed potatoes and herbs, that are coated in bread crumbs and then fried until golden brown. The result is a crispy and creamy croquette that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a hearty and satisfying lunch. Chicken & Potato Croquettes can be served with a variety of sides such as salad, dipping sauce, or just on their own. They are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Chicken & Potato Croquettes
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Chicken breasts
- Red chili flakes
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons Umami powder
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Boil your potatoes till done.
- Don’t forget to salt your potato water.
- Once they are cooled skin them and set aside.
- In a pot boil your chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
- When done take out your chicken and add it to you bowl with your potatoes.
- With a chopper shred your chicken and mash your potatoes together.
- Finely chop your cilantro and jalapeño and add it to your potatoes and chicken and mix well.
- Now you’ll need to add your shredded cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt, red pepper flakes and umami powder.
- Wet your hands and form the potato, chicken mixture into small croquettes.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs and then the beaten egg and again in breadcrumbs. ( Don't forget to salt your eggs and bread crumbs)
- Now you will need to heat oil in the pan.
- The oil needs to be heated on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot you will put the croquettes in the oil gently and fry till golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- I like the chili garlic sauce or a cilantro, mint chutney with it.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.