I was introduced to the little bites of heaven about fifteen or so years ago by my mother in law. She had made these for a dinner party and it was love at first bite. I added a few more spices to it and I am even more smitten then I was before! The delicately spiced chicken and potatoes, the melted cheese and the slight crunch of the coating make this quite possibly the best croquette ever!
Chicken & Potato Croquettes
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Chicken breasts
- Red chili flakes
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons Umami powder
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Boil your potatoes till done.
- Don’t forget to salt your potato water.
- Once they are cooled skin them and set aside.
- In a pot boil your chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
- When done take out your chicken and add it to you bowl with your potatoes.
- With a chopper shred your chicken and mash your potatoes together.
- Finely chop your cilantro and jalapeño and add it to your potatoes and chicken and mix well.
- Now you’ll need to add your shredded cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt, red pepper flakes and umami powder.
- Wet your hands and form the potato, chicken mixture into small croquettes.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs and then the beaten egg and again in breadcrumbs. ( Don't forget to salt your eggs and bread crumbs)
- Now you will need to heat oil in the pan.
- The oil needs to be heated on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot you will put the croquettes in the oil gently and fry till golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- I like the chili garlic sauce or a cilantro, mint chutney with it.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.