Spicy Aromatic Potatoes (aaloo) Subzi curry
- 6-8 Potatoes peeled and sliced in rounds
- 4 Tomatoes pureed
- 6 pods Garlic crushed
- Whole Dhanya (coriander seeds)
- Whole Zeera (cumin seeds)
- Red chili powder
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Whole red dried Chilies
- Lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onions sliced in rounds
- Heat oil in a sauce pan on low heat.
- In the meantime purée your tomatoes and garlic and set aside.
- Roast your spices till fragrant and put in your mortar and pestle and crush
- Now increase the heat to medium high and add the mustard seeds, dried chilies and curry leaves.
- When it starts sputtering add the onions and potatoes and spices.
- Stir for a few minutes and then add the puréed tomatoes and garlic.
- Cover and cook on slow to medium heat till done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.