Bhuna gosht is the kind of dish you just don’t want to stop eating. From the first spicy, meaty bite that bursts with flavour till you’re polishing off the very last bite with your chapatti or rice. My preference is to eat this with warm soft chapattis but you can eat this with rice or roll it up in a wrap. Bhuna Gosht can be eaten in a number of ways. I love the flexibility of this dish that allows you to be as creative as you’d like. I used to shy away from making bhuna gosht before because it was so time consuming but not anymore!!! Thanks to the #instantpot I make this quite frequently. I love creating the usual time consuming recipes into #instantpotrecipes that get done in a fraction of the time. Please don’t forget to tag me when you make it. Your Instagram love and your comments on this website really warm my heart and helps my page grow!
Bhuna Gosht Instant Pot Version
- 2 lbs Boneless Mutton pieces
- 8 Cloves
- 6 Cardamom pods
- 3 sticks Cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons Cumin seed
- 1.5 teaspoons Black peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Crushed Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup Onion fried
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 4 Green chilies chopped
- Cilantro garnish
- Put your instant pot on sauté mode add 2 tablespoons ghee or oil and fry8 cloves6 cardamom pods3 cinnamon sticks1.5 teaspoons cumin seed1.5 teaspoons black peppercorns
- Fry till fragrant.
- Don’t let it burn.
- Stir well and add your mutton.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add 2 tablespoons red chili powder ( you can adjust this to your preference)1 teaspoon turmeric1 tablespoon coriander powder1 teaspoon cumin powder1 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir well.
- Now add the frozen onions and stir again.
- You can add a little water like 1/4 to 1/2 cup if you need to.
- Now turn the sauté mode off and set to manual pressure high for 25 minutes.
- Once it’s done do a quick release.
- Take your yogurt and add a little gravy from the mutton to it and mix well.
- Now add this to your mutton and put in your green chilies and then put it on sauté mode till the liquid dries up.
- Now purée your tomatoes and add them to the meat and cook for 10 minutes or till the desired consistency is reached.
- Your bhuna gosht is now ready.
- Enjoy! You can garnish with fenugreek leaves and fresh chopped coriander.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.