Whenever I make or eat this dish, it reminds me of the year I spent the summer in Tanzania with my sister. This African dish was frequently made at her house as per my request and they served it with this amazing donut type of bread known as Mandazi.
Bhutta Curry Recipe (Corn Coconut Curry)
- 2 cans Coconut milk
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Jalapenos
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 12 ears Corn cut in half
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 Lemon juice
- Prepare the masala paste by blending onion, coriander, Jalapeños, garlic, and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put curry leaves. Then add the pate you just made in Step 1.
- Cook it for a few minutes and then add the turmeric and salt.
- Cook it for a few minutes till the oil separates.
- Now add the coconut milk and cook it for a few minutes till all the flavors are incorporated.
- Here’s where you put in the ears of corn.
- Cook on medium heat till soft and well saturated in the curry.
- Take it off the stove and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on it and stir.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Your dish is ready 🙂 This dish tastes best with the famous African donut bread Mandazi
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.