Bhutta Curry, also known as corn curry, is a popular dish in India, made with fresh sweet corn kernels cooked in a flavorful and spicy tomato-based sauce. This dish is a perfect way to use in-season sweet corn and makes for a comforting and satisfying meal. Bhutta Curry is usually served with rice or Mandazi and can be made to suit different levels of spiciness. Whether you’re a fan of mild or fiery flavours, this Bhutta Curry recipe will surely delight your taste buds.
Bhutta Curry Recipe (Corn Coconut Curry)
- 2 cans Coconut milk
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Jalapenos
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 12 ears Corn cut in half
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 Lemon juice
- Prepare the masala paste by blending onion, coriander, Jalapeños, garlic, and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put curry leaves. Then add the pate you just made in Step 1.
- Cook it for a few minutes and then add the turmeric and salt.
- Cook it for a few minutes till the oil separates.
- Now add the coconut milk and cook it for a few minutes till all the flavors are incorporated.
- Here’s where you put in the ears of corn.
- Cook on medium heat till soft and well saturated in the curry.
- Take it off the stove and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on it and stir.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Your dish is ready 🙂 This dish tastes best with the famous African donut bread Mandazi
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.