Gola Kabab is a traditional and popular Pakistani and Indian dish that is a favourite among meat lovers. It’s made of meat that is ground and mixed with spices and then shaped into small balls and grilled or fried. These kababs are juicy and packed with flavour, they are typically served with chutney, mint sauce or yoghurt and can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a main dish. It’s a perfect dish for a family dinner, a special occasion or a traditional party food. Gola Kabab is sure to impress your guests with its bold and delicious flavours.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Onions fried
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Corn starch
- 1 Green chili
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 pc Lemon juice (salt to taste)
- Take all the ingredients including the meat and run it through the food processor until it resembles a paste type texture.
- Now shape them into rounds.
- I used a chopstick to make the hole through it.
- You basically make your kabab around the chopstick and then slide the chopstick out.
- In the meantime add some oil to your frying pan and heat that on medium heat.
- Once it is hot you will add your kababs and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Once done in the same pan sautee your sliced onions and Peppers.
- Lay them on a dish and add your kababs.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Now heat a piece of coal till red hot.
- Take a small metal bowl and place it in the middle of your dish and add a tablespoon of oil to it.
- Once the coal is red hot add it to the oil and cover your dish and let it absorb the smokey flavor for at least 15 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.