Colombian Arroz Con Pollo (rice with chicken)
- 3 cups Rice
- 4 Tomatoes puree
- 1 Potato cut in pieces
- 4-5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 sachets Goya Foods Sazon Con Azafran Seasoning
- 1 tsp Red peppers crushed
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup Frozen corn roasted
- 1 Lime juice
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 1 cup Corn frozen and roasted
- Sour cream
- Chile Lime seasoning
FOR THE STOCK:
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 packet Goya Foods Sazon Con Azafran Seasoning
- 2 Bay leaves
- In a saucepan add 6 cups of water and all the stock ingredients and let boil till the water reduces to about 4 cups.
- Set aside.
- While it’s boiling wash and soak your rice.
- In another pan heat oil and fry onions, I garlic, cumin seeds.
- When the onions are translucent add the potatoes, the rest of the spices.
- Coat the potatoes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the rice and fold it into the mixture then add the 4 cups of liquid.
- Cover and let cook over medium high heat.
- Stirring gently occasionally.
- While this is cooking shred your chicken and squeeze your lime juice and finely chop your cilantro.
- Your rice should now be ready.
- Turn off the stove and squeeze the lime juice and fold in the cilantro.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions.
- Serve with roasted frozen corn, sliced avocado, a dash of #traderjoes chile lime seasoning and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.