Sweet Jaggery Rice
Meetha Chawal (sweet rice)
- 2 cups Rice washed and soaked
- 3 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- Heat ghee and lightly sauté the fennel seed till aromatic.
- Add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Now add 3 1/2 cups of water.
- When the rice is almost cooked mix the jaggery in 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- Add it to the rice.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or so till the rice is totally done.
- Pour the melted butter over it
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.