Arabic Kofta and Vegetable Wreath
- 4 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 3 tsp Allspice seasoning
- 3 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 red Onions
- 1-2 Jalapenos
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 2-3 tsp Cumin seeds roasted
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp Pomegranate molasses
- 3 Roma Tomatoes sliced in rounds
- 2 Potatoes sliced in rounds
- 2 Japanese Eggplants sliced in rounds
- 2 Zucchini sliced in rounds
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Pine nuts
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Take all the marinade ingredients and purée them in your blender.
- Take them out and mix it in your ground beef.
- Now add the pine nuts and combine well.
- In a round baking pan line it with parchment paper now make small meat patties and alternate meat, potato, meat, zucchini, meat tomato, meat, eggplant. Keep going till it’s filled up and looks like a wreath.
- Slice a red onion thinly and layer it on top.
- Now make the sauce.
- In the same container that you made the marinade in put all the ingredients for the sauce and blend.
- Now pour it on top of the meat and veggies.
- Cover and bake at 450 for 40 min.
- Uncover and bake till done.
- Invert it onto a dish and either garnish with sundried tomatoes cut up or pomegranate kernels.
- Serve with Egyptian rice and or a crisp salad with a yogurt sauce.
- * to make it keto friendly omit the potatoes and serve over salad instead of rice
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.