Mexican Rice Bowl are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is a combination of flavours and textures that will delight your taste buds. The base of the bowl is a bed of fluffy and flavorful Mexican rice. Mexican Rice Bowl is a great way to use leftovers or to clean out the fridge. The dish is also versatile, you can add any protein of your choice like chicken, beef, shrimp or even tofu to make it more filling. Mexican Rice Bowl is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, a healthy lunch or even a party dish. It’s a great way to feed a crowd or to meal prep for the week.
Mexican Rice Bowl
- Brown rice
- 2 Onions
- Red yellow and green bell pepper sliced
- Cilantro chopped
- Zucchini chopped
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Red chili powder
- Start with the cooked brown rice.
- Heat a tsp of EVOO and a tsp of butter.
- Add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic and salt sauté together place in serving bowl.
- Then you heat another tsp of oil and throw in crushed garlic, sliced onions, sliced colored sweet peppers, tiny cubes zucchini season with salt, add lime juice and taco seasoning and layer on rice.
- Then add black beans ( I make this in the insta pot) just pressure cook with salt.
- Drain well & layer on top of veggies.
- Then heat another tsp of oil and butter add garlic and salt and taco seasoning.
- Purée 2 small tomatoes and add to the garlic mix and cook till it darkens ( only do this if using shrimp).
- Can use either shrimp or thinly sliced chicken breast and sautéed till cooked add on top of beans.
- Chop tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, salt and some corn( I roast a few cloves of garlic) chop that and chop avocado.
- Mix well and add on top of the shrimp or chicken.
- Sprinkle some cheese and a dollop of sour cream and you are all done.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.