Tikka pizza can be made in so many different ways. My two favorite variations are chicken tikka and paneer tikka especially on pizza. This pizza has been a family favorite for a long time now and when my daughter became strictly gluten free I knew I had to make a variation for her. After trying many different pizza crusts I must say that the one that tastes the most similar to the homemade one is the chickpea flour one, All the info for that is on my Instagram @sliceofgourmet
I made my pizza with half chicken tikka and half paneer tikka but you can do any variation you prefer. Do share your thoughts and remakes with me on Instagram. I love hearing from you.
Chicken Tikka Paneer Tikka Masala Pizza
- 1 packet Quick Rice Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 3/4 cup Luke warm Water
- Corn meal
- 6-8 pods Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Mustard oil
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken/ Paneer cut in pieces
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Mint Cilantro chutney
- Tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cups Cheese shredded
- Dissolve the yeast in the Luke warm water in the bowl of your kitchen aid and leave it alone for 10 min
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the yeast mixture which should now be frothy on the top.
- Using your dough hook mix it for 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Cover and let it rise for about 2 hours or till it doubles.
- Marinate all the ingredients for at least an hour
- Then heat avocado oil in your skillet and cook till almost done and then add the bell peppers and finish cooking.
- Your dough should be doubled in size.
- Punch it down and roll it out on the cornmeal.
- Roll it out to your desired thickness.
- Bake till it’s 75% done
- Remove it from the oven and add 1 cup of shredded cheese and put it in the oven till melted.
- Now add the chicken tikka over it.
- Thinly slice a red onion and place it on top of the chicken.
- Now finely mince 1 jalapeño and 1/3 cup of finely chopped cilantro and the chutney
- Add the thinly sliced tomato and finish with the remaining cheese
- Bake till the cheese melts
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.