Tandoori cauliflower is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe combines the bold flavours of traditional Indian tandoori seasoning with the mild taste of cauliflower, resulting in a dish that is packed with flavour and nutrition. The tandoori seasoning is made up of a blend of spices including garam masala and Kashmiri red chilli. This gives Tandoori cauliflower a beautiful orange colour and a spicy kick. The cauliflower is then cooked in a tandoor oven, which is a clay oven used in Indian cuisine to give the dish a smoky flavour. You can serve with raita and garnish with coriander and pomegranate seeds
- 3 tsp Red chili powder Kashmiri
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 8 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 cup Milk Yogurt
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 5 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- Coriander finely chopped
- Pomegranate kernels
For the Raita :
- 1 cup Milk Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds roasted
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Fresh mint finely chopped
- Take all the above ingredients except for the ghee and cauliflower and mix well.
- Trim the leaves off the cauliflower but make sure the cauliflower stays whole.
- Steam your whole cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Making sure it’s still firm.
- Let it cool.
- Put your cauliflower on your baking dish and cover with marinade and bake uncovered at 350 for about 25 min or so.
- Make sure you keep watching it so that you take it out while it’s fragrant and has a nice color.
- In the mean time heat your ghee for 20 seconds in a microwave safe dish.
- Once your cauliflower is done drizzle the ghee on it.
- Serve on Raita and garnish with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.