Macaroons are a type of small, round cookie made with a combination of ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites. These sweet treats have a chewy texture and a crisp exterior and are often flavoured with vanilla, chocolate, or other delicious ingredients. Macaroons can be enjoyed on their own as a sweet snack, or used as a base for other desserts such as ice cream sandwiches or trifles. They are popular in many countries, including France and Italy, and are often associated with Jewish cuisine. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice cook, making macaroons at home is a fun and rewarding experience.
- 1 3/4 cup Powdered
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3 Egg whites large
- 1/4 teaspoon Tartar cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Food color ( I add a few drops of beetroot juice but you can do whatever you prefer)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Blueberry jam
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- Line your baking sheets with your macaroon silpat mats.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till frothy.
- Add salt and sugar and beat till glossy.
- Add the powdered sugar and almond flour to mixing bowl folding it a spoonful at a time.
- Stir in your beetroot juice or food color Fill your icing bag and pipe circles the size of the rounds on your silpat
- Tap the baking tray about 20 times on the counter to remove all the air bubbles
- Let the cookies sit at room reform an hour or until it develops a skin
- Bake for 29 minutes at 250 till done.
- Remove and cool completely
- Combine all ingredients till smooth.
- Fill your icing bag and pipe the macaroon and sandwich it.
- Let it rest and set for an hour or so then enjoy .
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.