- 1 Eggplant medium sized
- 6-8 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Olive plus
- 2 teaspoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper cracked
- 1/2 Onion chopped and squeezed
- Line your baking tray with foil.
- Rub your eggplant with olive oil and poke holes in it.
- And bake at 375 till the eggplant is soft and tender.
- In another little foil take your garlic cloves and rub them in olive oil and cover and bake till soft.
- Once your eggplant is done remove from the oven.
- The skin will be crisp but the inside should be soft and cooked.
- Once cooled peel your eggplant and put the inside cooked eggplant in your food processor.
- Add your roasted garlic, salt, lemon juice, olive oil & cracked red pepper and pulse.
- When it’s puréed nicely take out the blade and add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Now stir in the chopped and squeezed onion.
- Set it in your serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and either sumac, chopped parsley or an olive. (I garnished with a slice of pickled jalapeño)
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.