We have been having this achar ever since I can remember. In our home daal chawal is not complete without this carrot achar. I love how simple this is to make and how healthy it is. Achar or pickle is such an important element to any South Asian meal. It’s eaten at every meal. The tartness of the Achar or Pickle really compliments the Pakistani, Indian flavors
Carrot Achar (South Asian Pickle)
- 1 bag Carrots shredded
- 4 tablespoons Black mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 7 Dry red chilies
- 1 Ginger inch piece
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Spread your carrots out on a paper towels and sprinkle with salt and let it sit there for a few hours
- Wipe curry leaves and let it sit out with the carrots.
- Cut the green chilies in strips and also set out to dry with the carrots and curry leaves
- In your #nutribullet pulse the black mustard seeds (rai dana), apple cider vinegar, dry red chilies, ginger, garlic & Salt.
- Mix in your carrots, chilies and curry leaves and cover your container and give it a really good shake.
- Place in the fridge and leave it overnight.