- Flatbread Crust
- 1 pkg Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water warm
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 6-8 Tomatoes
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup water and sugar.
- Let it sit for 10 min till frothy on the top
- In your kitchen aid add all the other ingredients and when the yeast is ready add that and use your dough hook to mix your dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 45 min to an hour till it’s about doubled.
- Then punch it down and form a ball and leave it for another 45 min.
- Then sprinkle almond meal on a clean surface and form your pizza crust.
- I like mine in an oval flat bread kind of shape.
- Oil your baking sheet put your crust on top.
- Dust with Italian seasoning.
- Bake till ready.
- Purée 6-8 tomatoes with garlic, salt & pepper.
- I like to add a jalapeño but you don’t have to.
- Heat EVOO in your saucepan and when hot add chopped onion and 1 thinly slice garlic pot.
- When soft and the fragrant add your purées tomatoes.
- I like to add paprika as it gives a nice color.
- Cook it down till it’s thick.
- Add 1 cup of spinach leaves.
- And keep simmering it till the leaves kind of blend into the sauce.
- Now roughly chop fresh basil and stir it in.
- In a few minutes use your hand blender and blend it.
- Once your sauce is cooled you can construct your flatbread.
- Start by spreading the desired amount of sauce on your baked crust.
- I love adding all kinds of cheeses. I use burrata, Manchengo, Mozzarella & Parmesan.
- Add fire roasted peppers (you get this in a jar at Trader Joe’s) spinach, broccoli, olives, & roasted butternut squash.
- Dust with red pepper flakes.
- Bake till the cheese melts drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.