The gourmet flatbread recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is not only easy to make but it can also be customized to suit your taste preferences. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a new and exciting recipe to add to your weekly meal rotation, this flatbread is sure to impress. The crust is made from a simple mixture of flour, yeast, olive oil and salt and is crispy and flavorful. The toppings can be handpicked to align with your personal taste or dietary needs. Serve the flatbread hot, garnished with fresh herbs or a drizzle of olive oil if desired. Enjoy as an appetizer or main dish and savour the delicious, homemade taste of this gourmet flatbread.
- Flatbread Crust
- 1 pkg Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water warm
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 6-8 Tomatoes
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup water and sugar.
- Let it sit for 10 min till frothy on the top
- In your kitchen aid add all the other ingredients and when the yeast is ready add that and use your dough hook to mix your dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 45 min to an hour till it’s about doubled.
- Then punch it down and form a ball and leave it for another 45 min.
- Then sprinkle almond meal on a clean surface and form your pizza crust.
- I like mine in an oval flat bread kind of shape.
- Oil your baking sheet put your crust on top.
- Dust with Italian seasoning.
- Bake till ready.
- Purée 6-8 tomatoes with garlic, salt & pepper.
- I like to add a jalapeño but you don’t have to.
- Heat EVOO in your saucepan and when hot add chopped onion and 1 thinly slice garlic pot.
- When soft and the fragrant add your purées tomatoes.
- I like to add paprika as it gives a nice color.
- Cook it down till it’s thick.
- Add 1 cup of spinach leaves.
- And keep simmering it till the leaves kind of blend into the sauce.
- Now roughly chop fresh basil and stir it in.
- In a few minutes use your hand blender and blend it.
- Once your sauce is cooled you can construct your flatbread.
- Start by spreading the desired amount of sauce on your baked crust.
- I love adding all kinds of cheeses. I use burrata, Manchengo, Mozzarella & Parmesan.
- Add fire roasted peppers (you get this in a jar at Trader Joe’s) spinach, broccoli, olives, & roasted butternut squash.
- Dust with red pepper flakes.
- Bake till the cheese melts drizzle with balsamic glaze.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.