Persian Chicken Over Buttered Saffron Rice is a traditional dish that is both delicious and comforting. This recipe features succulent chicken pieces cooked in a rich tomato-based sauce and served over a bed of saffron-infused basmati rice. The saffron and butter give the rice a beautiful golden colour, a rich aroma and a creamy texture. Persian Chicken Over Buttered Saffron Rice is a perfect representation of the rich flavours and aromas of Persian cuisine and is sure to impress any dinner guest. It’s a great main course for a special occasion or a weekend dinner.
Persian Chicken Over Buttered Saffron Rice
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 6-8 cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- White chili powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 Lemon juice
Ingredients for the rice:
- 4 cups Basmati Rice washed and soaked for 30min in cold water
- 4 cups Boiling water
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 punches Saffron
- 1 cube Chicken
Ingredients for the marinade:
- Purée all these ingredients and marinate 6-8 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- Take 1/2 stick of butter and the saffron and sauté the drained rice.
- Crush your chicken cube and add that and salt to taste.
- Now add 4 cups of boiling water and cook till done.
- Fluff your rice and cut up the other half stick of butter and mix it in.
- Set in serving dish.
- Now heat your cast iron skillet and add some olive oil and a little butter and grill your chicken.
- Later it on top of the rice.
- Now cut a few tomatoes in half a few green peppers and onions cut in quarters and grill it on the same pan.
- Place it on the side of the rice dish. Dust with sumac and enjoy.
- Dust with sumac and enjoy.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.