- 1 package Phyllo pastry shredded
- 3 sticks Butter melted
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Kunafa food coloring
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Pistachios crushed
- Heat your oven to 350
For the filling:
- Mix your cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of the heavy cream and mix till it’s smooth and runny. Set aside
- Heat your heavy cream and when it’s almost boiling add your cornstarch mixture and stir constantly.
- You should have a thick custard type mixture.
- Take it off the stove and set aside
For the phyllo:
- Open your shredded phyllo and empty into a bowl.
- Mix in your melted butter and food color and mix well and make sure all the phyllo has butter and is orange.
- Place your cupcake liners in your cupcake pan.
- Layer the buttered orange phyllo in your cupcake liners and take the back of a glass and press it down.
- They should be 1/3 of the way full.
- Now add the custard type cream you made and fill it another 1/3.
- Your liners are now 2/3 filled.
- Cover the top of the custards with the shredded phyllo.
- Do not press this down.
- It should be loose.
- Fill it till the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Till top is goldenish and the cream is sizzling.
For the syrup:
- Heat your sugar and 3/4 cup of water and add your lemon and cook till it gets nice and sticky.
- Take the kunafa out of the oven and pour on your syrup.
- Garnish with your crushed pistachios.
- Leave the kunafa in the muffin pan while pouring syrup and let it be in the pans till they are cooled completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.