Mandazi (African Donuts)
- 1 can Coconut Milk warmed
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Yeast Instant quick rise
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 3.5 cups All Purpose Flour (you can add more of your dough is too sticky) (you can add more of your dough is too sticky)
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds slightly crushed
- In your mixer add the yeast, the warm milk and sugar and let it stand for 5 minutes. Then add the salt, cardamom, fennel seeds, and egg. Using your dough hook gradually add the flour. Mix till it’s not sticky any more. Cover and let it rise till it’s doubled in size. Roll it out on a floured surface and using a pizza cutter cut it into triangles. In a wok heat oil on medium heat. When hot add the triangles and fry till dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with sugar and sweetened shredded coconut and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.