Homemade Pita bread is a traditional Middle Eastern bread that is made with flour, yeast, olive oil, salt and water. It is a versatile bread that can be filled with a variety of ingredients to make sandwiches or served with dips. Homemade Pita bread is easy to make at home with some basic ingredients and a little bit of time. It is a delicious and satisfying bread that will elevate any meal.
Homemade Pita Bread
- 1 packet Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 cup very warm but not hot water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt to taste
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Ghee or olive oil for greasing the pan or griddle
- In the bowl of your #kitchenAid stand mixer mix the packet of yeast with the very warm water and 1 cup of flour. Stir it and set aside in a warm place for 10-15 minutes till it gets frothy. Now add the olive oil, salt, 1 3/4 cup flour. Using your dough hook to mix the ingredients now add the flour a little at a time and mix using your dough hook for about 5 minutes till the dough is formed and not sticking to the sides. Place it in a well oiled bowl, cover it and set it aside in a warm place till it’s doubled in size. At this time you will punch it down to remove all the air bubbles and cut it into 8 equal parts. Set aside for 19 minutes. In the meantime heat your griddle or flat skillet. Roll out your rounds to form a flat pita and add your oil to your griddle and place your pita on it. When it bubbles turn it. Till it’s light golden. Serve warm and don’t forget to tag me in your re creations
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.