Anytime I ask my family what they would like to eat, the answer is always unanimous “Mongolian Beef” The perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors paired with Jasmin rice really makes this a dish a treat for your taste buds.
- 2 lbs Beef thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Garlic
- Chili bean paste
- 1 teaspoon Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Corn starch mixed with water to make a slurry
- 8-10 pods Garlic sliced
- 1 finger Ginger thinly sliced
- 4-6 Green Onions sliced
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- Veggies (your choice)
- Coat your beef with 3/4 cup cornstarch and make sure it’s well coated. Let it rest for 1/2 hour in the fridge
- In a wok heat some oil and shallow fry the beef till almost done.
- Make sure you don’t over crowd your wok.
- Drain your beef on paper towels.
- Drain some of the oil out and leave about 2 tablespoons in the wok.
- Add you ginger and garlic and cook for a bit stirring well.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients except for the slurry and veggies.
- Mix well and add the veggies and beef.
- Coat them well and now add the slurry and cook till the beef is tender.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with jasmine rice
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.