Mongolian Beef is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is inspired by a traditional Chinese dish and it’s known for its bold and flavorful taste. The beef is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, and spices, before being stir-fried with vegetables such as bell peppers and onions, in a savoury sauce made of oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and a touch of sesame oil.
Mongolian Beef is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. The dish can be served with rice or noodles and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of Chinese cuisine in the comfort of your own home. The recipe can be adjusted to your taste, for example, you can make it spicier or milder. Mongolian Beef is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavours of Chinese cuisine in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs Beef thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Garlic
- Chili bean paste
- 1 teaspoon Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Corn starch mixed with water to make a slurry
- 8-10 pods Garlic sliced
- 1 finger Ginger thinly sliced
- 4-6 Green Onions sliced
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- Veggies (your choice)
- Coat your beef with 3/4 cup cornstarch and make sure it’s well coated. Let it rest for 1/2 hour in the fridge
- In a wok heat some oil and shallow fry the beef till almost done.
- Make sure you don’t over crowd your wok.
- Drain your beef on paper towels.
- Drain some of the oil out and leave about 2 tablespoons in the wok.
- Add you ginger and garlic and cook for a bit stirring well.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients except for the slurry and veggies.
- Mix well and add the veggies and beef.
- Coat them well and now add the slurry and cook till the beef is tender.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with jasmine rice
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.