Chicken Tikka is a popular dish originating from India, typically made by marinating chunks of chicken in a yoghurt and spice mixture before grilling. The dish is often served as an appetizer or as part of a larger meal and can be enjoyed on its own or paired with rice or naan bread. This Chicken Tikka recipe will guide you through the process of making delicious, flavorful Chicken Tikka at home. This recipe is easy to make, delicious and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.
- 6 Chicken legs
- 2 lbs Boneless chicken
- 4 tsp Red Kashmiri chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 8-10 pods Garlic crushed
- 1 small Ginger root
- 2 Lemons juice
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp GOOD Garam masala
- 3-4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Now you need to cut slits in your chicken then take the marinade and massage it into your chicken.
- Let marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat your cast iron grill with butter and add it on there.
- When half way done turn it and baste with ghee.
- When done cut your peppers and grill them.
- Garnish with coriander chopped and serve with chutney.
- This tastes best when eaten with warm naan.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.