I’m all about the spicy food life. There is no food that chilli garlic oil can’t elevate and Cacio e Pepe is no different. I made this with sliced steak on the side. You can use any protein of your choice or keep it vegetarian, any way you choose to have this, trust me it’s going to be perfect!
Spicy Cacio e Pepe
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chili garlic or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sirloin steak
- 2 cups of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups pasta water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- Add 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbspolive oil in a cast iron skillet. When hot add salt andpepper and add the steak. Add thinly sliced garlic and let it dear for a coupleof minutes. Then flip the steak and add salt and pepper to the other side. Oncethe steak has reached your desired doneness set it aside and let it rest whileyou make the pasta.
- Make the pasta according topackage instructions and reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- In the same pan that you seared the steak add the butter and a little olive oil. Add the sliced garlic, saltand freshly cracked pepper. Cook that for a few minutes then add the chiligarlic and lemon zest.
- Immediately add pasta and half the pasta water and the Parmesan cheese and stir fast on low heat.
- If the cheese gets clumpy you canadd more pasta water and keep stirring.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on the pasta and fold in the chopped parsley and plate the pasta on a dish.
- Now slice your steak against thegrain and set on the pasta dish. Top with more Parmesan and chopped parsley andenjoy.