French Onion Soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 slices French bread in thick slices
- 5 slices Provolone Cheese Slices
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Onions medium sliced
- 6 cups Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Umami powder #traderjoes
- 1.5 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1-2 CLOVES Garlic crushed or sliced thinly
- Melt your butter and olive oil in your pot and add your onions and caramelize them. Now add your stock, thyme, garlic & umami powder. Give it a good boil and then let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Turn off the stove and add your balsamic vinegar and stir. Toast your French bread then butter it. Ladle you’re soup into individual bowls and place your toasted bread and now place a slice of provolone cheese on top of it and place under the broiler till melted.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.