Do you love chocolate buns? It’s my favourite morning treat or tea time snack. The pillowy buns with the decadent chocolate centre are just oh so good. I especially love this with a cup of milky sweet tea.
A funny story about these buns is that I made them as an experiment with my four-year-old and they were too good not to share. I think the secret lies in the chocolate. I personally love milk chocolate so I used that but you can use any chocolate that you enjoy the most. Let me know what you think if you try it.
- 1 pkg rapid rise instant yeast
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups of flour (you can add more if your dough is too sticky
- 1 egg
- Chocolate chips
- Egg wash
- In a bowl of a stand mixer mixtogether the sugar, milk and yeast and let the yeast bloom for about 10minutes
- Now add the flour, melted butter and egg and mix using a dough hooktill it forms a smooth ball. Knead this for about 5-7 minutes
- Cover and place in a warm dark place to rise. I place mine in the ovenwith the light on. Let it rise for a couple of hours
- Once risen, punch it down and form about 12 equal balls. Now flatteneach ball and fill with chocolate chips. Seal the ball and form it into a neatround and lay in on a prepared baking dish. Do the same with all the dough balls. Brush with egg wash(egg and milk ) and sprinkle with sugar and let it rise again. Bake at 350 tilllight golden brown. Enjoy