Lebanese Manakeesh (Flat bread with Zaatar)
- 5 cups All purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1 and 3/4 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1/2 cup Zaatar
- Olive oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, Mix all ingredients except for the water.
- Incorporate well.
- Make a well in the center and add the water.
- Knead the dough.
- Set aside to rise for an hour, covered with a wet cloth.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Make thin pitas.
- Top with the zaatar mix, use your fingers to spread.
- Put the pita in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Remove when the bottom is golden
- Add enough olive oil to make a slightly runny consistency.
- If it doesn’t have toasted sesame seeds, add them.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.