Mango Chicken & Rice is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is inspired by the tropical flavours of mango and it’s a great way to enjoy a taste of the tropics in the comfort of your own home. The dish is made with a combination of tender chicken, juicy mango, and fragrant rice. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of mango puree, soy sauce, and spices, giving it a bold and flavorful taste. Mango Chicken & Rice is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The dish can be served with a side of vegetables or a salad, and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of tropical cuisine in the comfort of your own home. The recipe can be adjusted to your taste, for example, you can make it spicier or milder. Mango Chicken & Rice is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavours of tropical cuisine in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
Mango Chicken & Rice
- 3 cups Rice boiled and spread in serving dish
- 2 Onions fry till golden brown and drain on paper towel
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts Fry till golden brown drain
- 1/2 cup Silvered Almonds Fry till golden brown
- 1/2 cup Peanuts Fry till golden brown
- 1/2 cup Raisins Fry till plump
- 2 lbs Chicken cut in small pieces
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 3 Mangoes chopped
Marinade for chicken:
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 6-7 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- Marinate the chicken.
- After about an hour of marinating coat the chicken in flour.
- Then take 1/2 stick of butter and 1 teaspoon of oil and and heat it in a wok.
- When hot add chicken and cook till done.
- Turn off the stove and add cream and cut mangos and mix well.
- Mix half the nuts and raisins in the rice and mix well.
- Set it in your serving dish.
- Make a well in the center of the rice.
- Add the chicken to the center.
- Garnish with remaining nuts and friend onions.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.