Mango Chicken and Rice is one of those really unique dishes that none of us are quite sure where it originated from. My mom says it’s Burmese, my sister says it’s Continental, my aunt says Anglo Indian but the honest truth is that none of us really know for sure. The flavors in this dish are wildly delicious and unique and it makes for a very interesting dinner conversation. I’m a huge mango fan so anything with mango in it is automatically delicious in my book. I’m sure once you try it, you guys are going to love it as much we do.
Mango Chicken & Rice
- 3 cups Rice boiled and spread in serving dish
- 2 Onions fry till golden brown and drain on paper towel
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts Fry till golden brown drain
- 1/2 cup Silvered Almonds Fry till golden brown
- 1/2 cup Peanuts Fry till golden brown
- 1/2 cup Raisins Fry till plump
- 2 lbs Chicken cut in small pieces
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 3 Mangoes chopped
Marinade for chicken:
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 6-7 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- Marinate the chicken.
- After about an hour of marinating coat the chicken in flour.
- Then take 1/2 stick of butter and 1 teaspoon of oil and and heat it in a wok.
- When hot add chicken and cook till done.
- Turn off the stove and add cream and cut mangos and mix well.
- Mix half the nuts and raisins in the rice and mix well.
- Set it in your serving dish.
- Make a well in the center of the rice.
- Add the chicken to the center.
- Garnish with remaining nuts and friend onions.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.