Thai Rice Noodles also known as “Pad Mee Korat,” is a classic and popular dish in Thai cuisine. One of the most comforting foods to me is a big bowl of noodles. I’m a huge fan of all kinds of noodles but these Thai noodles are by far my absolute favourite. The depth of flavours in this dish is just mind blowing. The sweetness of the brown sugar, The saltiness of the fish sauce and the earthiness of the miso come together in perfect harmony. My girls and I are in love with the dish. If you’re a Thai food fan, do give this a try. I’m sure you will love it as much as we do. Please do share your thoughts with me when you do make it @sliceofgourmet I love hearing from you.
Thai Rice Noodles / Pad Mee Korat
- 1 box Rice noodles ( Pad Thai noodles)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 4-5 Spring Onions
- 1/4 cup Peanuts crushed
- 1 Lime juice
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons White Sugar
- 4-5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 small Red Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Miso paste
- 3-4 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons Tamarind concentrate
- 4-5 small Thai Birdseye chilies chopped
- 1 Lemon Grass stalk bruised
- 1 Lime zest
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked but still al dente.
- Drain and set aside
Method for the sauce:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Add the brown sugar and the white sugar and allow the sugars to dissolve.
- Cook till slightly caramelized.
- Add the garlic, onions and chilies and cook.
- Stir until the sugar has darkened.
- Add the miso paste.
- Now add the fish sauce, tamarind and lemon grass.
- Simmer for about a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- If it’s getting too thick add a tablespoon of water.
- Remove from heat
For the noodles:
- Add two tablespoons of oil in a wok over high heat.
- Now add the ground chicken and stir until just cooked.
- Now add the noodles and the sauce.
- Toss well and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Then push everything to one side.
- In a separate frying pan make an omelet with the eggs an cut it into strips.
- Mix it into the noodles.
- Now add the bean sprouts and the spring onions and toss well.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime on top and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.