One of the most comforting foods to me is a big bowl of noodles. I’m a huge fan of all kinds of noodles but these Thai noodles are by far my absolute favorite. The depth of flavors in this dish is just mind blowing. The sweetness of the brown sugar, The saltiness of the fish sauce and the earthiness of the miso comes together in perfect harmony. My girls and I are in love with dish. If you’re a Thai food fan, do give this a try. I’m sure you will love it as much as we do. Please do share your thoughts with me when you do make it @sliceofgourmet I love hearing from you.
Thai Rice Noodles / Pad Mee Korat
- 1 box Rice noodles ( Pad Thai noodles)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 4-5 Spring Onions
- 1/4 cup Peanuts crushed
- 1 Lime juice
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons White Sugar
- 4-5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 small Red Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Miso paste
- 3-4 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons Tamarind concentrate
- 4-5 small Thai Birdseye chilies chopped
- 1 Lemon Grass stalk bruised
- 1 Lime zest
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked but still al dente.
- Drain and set aside
Method for the sauce:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Add the brown sugar and the white sugar and allow the sugars to dissolve.
- Cook till slightly caramelized.
- Add the garlic, onions and chilies and cook.
- Stir until the sugar has darkened.
- Add the miso paste.
- Now add the fish sauce, tamarind and lemon grass.
- Simmer for about a couple of minutes till fragrant.
- If it’s getting too thick add a tablespoon of water.
- Remove from heat
For the noodles:
- Add two tablespoons of oil in a wok over high heat.
- Now add the ground chicken and stir until just cooked.
- Now add the noodles and the sauce.
- Toss well and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Then push everything to one side.
- In a separate frying pan make an omelet with the eggs an cut it into strips.
- Mix it into the noodles.
- Now add the bean sprouts and the spring onions and toss well.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime on top and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.