South Asian Fish Curry is a flavorful and delicious dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is inspired by the traditional curries of South Asia and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of the region in the comfort of your own home. The dish is made with a combination of fish, coconut milk, and a variety of spices and herbs, simmered together in a rich and flavorful curry sauce. The recipe can vary depending on the country, but it is a staple in countries like India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The dish can be served with rice and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of South Asian cuisine. The recipe can be adjusted to your taste, for example, you can make it spicier or milder. South Asian Fish Curry is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavours of South Asian cuisine in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
South Asian Fish Curry
- 2 Ib Fish Fillets cut in pieces (I used sea bass)
- 1.5 tbsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Cumin seed
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger crushed
- 2 dired Red Chilies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Powder or to taste
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 6-7 Tomatoes puréed
- 2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 small Juice Lemon
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- In a pan heat some oil. When hot add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. When they sputter add the ginger, garlic, cumin seed and dried red chilies and mix it. Now add the puréed tomatoes, tamarind, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder and green chilies and cook till the oil comes to the top. Put in the brown sugar and mix. Now add the fish and let it cook for a few minutes Now add your coconut milk and give it a gentle stirLet it cook till the fish is done.Squeeze the lemon juice on topFold in the cilantroServe with white rice and or naan.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.