Lobster Coconut Curry is a luxurious and delicious dish that is perfect for any special occasion. This recipe is inspired by the traditional seafood curries of Southeast Asia, and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of the region. Lobster Coconut Curry is made with succulent lobster meat, simmered in a flavorful coconut curry sauce made from a blend of coconut milk, red curry paste and a variety of spices. The curry is served with rice or noodles, making it a complete and satisfying meal. This recipe is perfect for a special dinner party or a romantic dinner for two, and it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The dish can be adjusted to your taste, for example, you can make it spicier or milder. Enjoy!
Lobster Coconut Curry
- 3 Lobster Tails cut in pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4-6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin seed
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbap Red Pepper crushed
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 Jalapeño chopped up
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and put a few curry leaves and mustard seeds. When they sputter add onions ginger and garlic. Cook till translucent.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic, cumin seed, garlic, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, chopped green chilies and red pepper flakes and tamarind.
- Stir well and add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes then add the coconut milk.
- Add the lobster and cook till done. Once it’s done give it a stir and add madras curry powder and lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with steaming rice.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.