I am forever looking for healthy one-dish meals that are loaded with flavor. Especially on those busy weeknights where I have minimal time but I want maximum flavor. I love that this meal is totally vegan and it’s so incredibly tasty that you will not miss the meat at all. The best way to eat this is with crusty bread to soak up all the flavour. Needless to say, this is part of my weekly meal rotation and I hope it becomes part of yours too. Do share your thoughts and let me know what you think when you try it. I love hearing from you.
Revithia (Ρεβίθια) – Greek Chickpea Stew
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper(optional)
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 carrots chopped in chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups washed and cut baby spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Put all your ingredients into a Dutch oven. You need to use a pan that is oven safe and has a lid that does not vent.
- Now add water till all your ingredients are just covered.
- Bake at 375 without opening the lid for about 2 hours.
- Take out the pan from the oven and give it a stir. If it still has water place it on your stove without the lid. Stir and cook it down.
- Serve with lots of lemon juice and a garnish of fresh chopped parsley and mint. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy.