Chicken Tikka Buns are a delicious and popular street food from Pakistan/India, and they’re a great way to enjoy the flavours of tikka chicken in a convenient and portable form. The dish is made by marinating small pieces of chicken and then grilling or pan-frying them until cooked through and tender. The cooked chicken is then placed inside a soft and fluffy bun, along with some tangy chutneys and crisp vegetables, to create a delicious and satisfying sandwich. This recipe for Chicken Tikka Buns will guide you through the process of making this popular dish from scratch, allowing you to enjoy the authentic flavours of Pakistan/India in the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a fun and delicious
Chicken Tikka Buns
For the buns:
- 1 packet 1 packet quick rise yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 3/4 cup Water Luke warm
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 6-8 garlic pods
- 1 tbsp 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Juice of lemon
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 2 Ibs Boneless Chicken cut in very small pieces
For the buns:
- Dissolve the yeast in the Luke warm water in the bowl of your kitchen aid and leave it alone for 10 minAdd all the rest of the ingredients to the yeast mixture which should now be frothy on the top. Using your dough hook mix it for 5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball. Cover and let it rise for about 2 hours or till it doubles.
- Marinate all of the above for at least an hour. Then heat avocado oil in your skillet and cook till done.Your dough should be doubled in size. Punch it down and make 8-10 equal parts. Flatten it out. Put filling in the center and pinch the top closed. Brush with egg wash (egg white and water beaten together) sprinkle with sesame seedsBake at 350 till light golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.