Homemade Hazelnut Spread, also known as Nutella, is a popular spread made from hazelnuts, cocoa, and sugar. It is often used as a spread on bread or as an ingredient in desserts. This recipe is a homemade version of the popular spread, allowing you to control the ingredients and the level of sweetness to your liking. Homemade Hazelnut Spread is a simple recipe that can be made with just a few ingredients and a food processor. It’s a perfect recipe to make with kids and it’s also a delicious and healthy alternative to store-bought chocolate spreads.
Homemade Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
- 1 1/4 Hazelnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 bar Chocolate (I used lindt milk chocolate)
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
- (healthy pinch of kosher salt about 3/4 teaspoon)
- Spread you hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast at 375 for 15 minutes. Take them out and let cool a bit then rub them in-between a clean towel. This will take off a lot of the extra skin. Now place them in your food processor or high powered blender and blend till it resembles a pasty texture. I like mine smooth so I blended it for almost 16 minutes, scraping down the sides every few minutes. Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Pour that into the blender with the nuts and blend now add the coconut oil in the bowl with the melted chocolate (less dishes to wash this way) and melt for 30 seconds. Pour this into the blender and blend some more,Now add the cocoa powder and salt and blend again. Make sure you scrape down the sides. Store in an airtight container in your pantry. This should last about 10 days.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.